Monday, March 17, 2008

The Bank Job

I liked this a lot. First of all, it was a heist film. I like heist films. And while the robbers in this film are not particularly adept, it still had the cool factor of Confidence or Snatch without the high gloss of The Italian Job or Ocean's Eleven, all of which I liked, but, truth be told, the less glossy I like more. Second, the film takes place in England, which means lots of British accents. Always a plus for me, added value, if you will. It starred Jason Statham, whom I like quite a bit, from The Italian Job and Snatch. It also saw a very good performance by Keeley Hawes. She did a fantastic job as Statham's wife, in love with her man and frustrated about his burglary. The story was based on actual events, which lended a cool feel to it. All things considered, a very good movie I look forward to seeing again.

No comments: